Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

9.8.09

Seeking a fortune, the micro-art way

This could be termed as a story of pursuing one's dreams and making it successful with strong willpower and determination. Vijay Warghare, who is
in his early 30s, pursued his micro-art' dream much against the wishes of his family and has now emerged a successful businessman.

Warghare persisted with his interest of writing names on grains of rice and then selling it attached to a key-chain. He abandoned studies much to the chagrin of his parents and learnt the art at Pune where his father Shivdas was posted in a military depot.

Now, Warghare, who runs a canteen at the Nagpur University campus, has honed his skill so well that he can write as many as 20 names on a Basmati grain in the span of a few minutes. The shy but tough looking Warghare uses poster colour for writing names in a fashionable way. It doesn't take even a minute to write a name on a grain and prepare a key-chain. All this without using a magnifying glass.

"Even though I studied upto Std XI, I was never inclined towards education," said Warghare. "My parents were worried and even verbal clashes broke out between us. They always wanted me to have a good job like my other siblings. Though it was their love, my dreams forced me to join my guru Vishal Singh who taught me micro-art and tattooing work," Warghare says smilingly.

Warghare used to set up his stall at popular tourist places and make key-chains from Basmati grain with customers' names written on it. His hobby took him to tour tourist destinations in Goa, Mahabaleshwar and Pune. "I always intended to start my own business that will allow me to pursue my hobby. For three years, I toiled hard setting stalls in nearby cities and saving every rupee that I earned. Key-chain grains were more popular than tattoo," he says.

In the meanwhile, his father retired and the family returned to Nagpur. Warghare's parents wanted him to come back and settle in the city. By this time Warghare had earned Rs 2 lakhs from his profession. "I decided to come back and pursue my hobby in Nagpur. For Rs 1.5lakh I got the tender to run the university canteen. I also set up a stall in the area. I didn't take even a single penny from anyone. Ironically, people in our region don't respect this art and that makes me sad. I did not get much response as I managed to sell barely a couple of key-chains. In Pune, my products were a rage and college students used to buy from me in dozens to present to their loved ones," he says.

Now, Warghare, who looks after his parents, wants to continue his hobby and aims to popularise micro-art in the area. "I would like to share my knowledge with anyone who's interested. I will advise them to go by inner voice to emerge successful," he says.
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU