Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

13.12.10

Nagpur lad overcomes odds to top def services exam

One look at Parameshwar Tiwari is enough to tell you that this guy means business. He countered all the adversities life could throw at him and cleared the Common Defence Services (CDS) exam. Not only that, he qualified with an all-India 17th merit tag. Parameshwar, son of Sitaram, a driver with Raymonds Ltd., can now bask in the glory.

"I am a BBA graduate from Nagpur. I thought I would appear for CAT and try to get into a good MBA college. But I did not have enough money for one, so I gave the CDS exam instead. I was lucky to get proper guidance to get through and crack it," said Parameshwar.

"I am not exceptionally smart. I just focused all my attention in improving my communications skills and my personality. Then I gave the SSB interview and got a recommendation. The Army is looking for good quality people who, sadly, aren't available," he said. He is due to join the IMA in Dehradun next month for training. There is a misconception that the applicant has to go through a physical test to get into the army.

"Getting into the army is not expensive," says Tiwari. "The government spends around .`2,000 per day on every candidate in the academy so I don't have to pay anything out of my pocket during the training
Applicants are not able to get into IMA as they lack the will. Whenever I tell someone about clearing the exam, they ask me which institute I attended or how much I had to pay. And I tell them I just bought a newspaper every morning and read a lot of books bought from the second hand book market. That was enough," he added. Parameshwar will be joining the army as a lieutenant. There are 250 seats available at IMA each year but half of them remain vacant as right candidates aren't available. Along with Parameshwar, only 130 others cleared the exam.

"I invested all my time in reading. I read all kinds of books and magazines. I didn't even prepare for the exam seriously. I just concentrated on sharpening my skills because I believe that if a person has a good personality, it is enough to take him places. Now that I have entered the army, for me the sky is the limit."
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU