Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

20.2.11

At Panjab University, this 86-year-old is the star alumna

Kuldip Kaur, 86, was the star of the alumni meet held at the Panjab University, one of the oldest in the country, on Saturday. Flanked by her son and granddaughter, the  university's oldest alumna at the function said she did her matriculation from PU in 1943.

The university was in Lahore then, she said. Born in 1925, she went on to do her graduation in 1949 before taking up the job of a schoolteacher. In 1958, she had topped in MA Punjabi. 'I remained a student of PU and then started teaching in schools. I retired as a principal,' she added.

At PU's first university-level alumni meet, Kuldip was hoping to catch up with her old friends and share rare memories with her classmates. Only, she did not find any at the event.

'I had come with the hope of meeting a few friends. However, nobody turned-up. I'm not sure how many are still alive. But those who are, I wish them a long life and prosperity,' she said.

Interestingly, Kuldip, who now lives in Mohali, did run into some of her colleagues from teaching days. 'I saw Tej Kaur, one of my colleagues from old days. She could not recollect who I was,' she claimed.

Drawing from her working experience, Kuldip has also written a few books on changing student-teacher reslationship. 'Earlier, students used to have the spirit of nationalism in them. Now, the youth are more eager to move abroad,' she added.

The family's association with PU continued long after her passing out. Her three daughters and a son, too, are alumnus of PU. 'One of my daughters retired as a principal, the other is a doctor and the third, head of the Punjabi department in a government college in Punjab,' she said.

Jammu & Kashmir governor NN Vohra, who delivered the inaugural address at the meet, came down the stage to present mementos to her. 'I hope to attend the alumni meet next year and meet my friends,' she said before leaving the venue.
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU