Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

3.5.11

School wants to be rid of whistle-blower parent

A city-based school says it is extremely stressed out by a parent's incessant complaints and wants him to consider cancelling the admission of his two children there.


Mahatma Gandhi Centennial Sindhu English Primary school ( MGCSEP) in Jaripatka has written to Pramod Bhagchandani asking him to consider moving his two children to some other school. The letter says Bhagchandani is "complaining to the departmental authorities and other government agencies to degrade us for the allegations (sic) for which there is completely no basis."


Bhagchandani said "I complained as they were hiking fees illegally. They kept an illegal zoo at the school and asked students to pay for it. Now that I have filed complaints they are not handing over my kids' report cards and instead sent me this letter. This is the price I have to pay for speaking up against their high handedness."


The letter from the school states "… in view of your own opinion the school is not being run properly then why are you continuing the studies of your children… we may advise you to withdraw your two children forthwith and we will be happy to issue transfer certificates immediately after your written application."


Bhagchandani said, "when I went to the school to collect my children's report cards, I was asked to sign on a sheet of paper first. On that paper was written a declaration that I had falsely accused the school of various things and am withdrawing all my complaints immediately. Also, that I won't complaint against the school in future. The school principal threatened that if I didn't sign my children's results will be withheld. Against this kind of blackmail I had no choice but to return without report cards."


Deepak Bajaj, secretary of Sindhu Education Society that runs the school, however, denied the charge. "How can we refuse to give results to anyone? Yes, we did send him the letter asking him to withdraw his kids from our school. We wanted him to sign on a copy of the letter as acknowledgment when he came to the school. I am of the opinion that if Bhagchandani has so many problems with our school, it is best that his kids move out somewhere else."


Bajaj also alleged that Bhagchandani was unemployed and resorted to blackmail for a living. "He has asked us for money too. When we refused, he resorted to these complaints," alleged Bajaj but was unable to produce any evidence of the same.


Bhagchandani's lawyer GL Bajaj denied the allegations and said, "Since my client is the whistle-blower on their activities, they are resorting to such accusations. I challenge them to prove their charge. My client will not cancel his children's admission and we will also approach the National Human Rights Commission against this harassment."
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU