Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

14.12.09

Jharkhand skipper wants to follow Dhoni's footsteps

He is tall, well-built and an athlete. And when this left-hander hits a cricket ball with power and timing, he makes his big hits look
Saurabh

ridiculously simple. Coming from Jharkhand, it is hardly surprising that he is keen to follow in the footsteps of Indian captain MS Dhoni who also hails from the same state.

The 19-year old, already the Jharkhand skipper, is a player of immense potential. Not only does he strike the ball hard but he also has a fine temperament. No surprise that the dashing left-hander is topping the batting averages in the Ranji Trophy Plate League this season, having scored 593 runs from 8 innings at 98.83. He has struck three centuries and two match-saving half-centuries.

Much like Dhoni, Saurabh too has a simple approach to the game - score wherever you get opportunities and be positive. "I always try to remain positive.

"But it doesn't mean you go after the bowling right from the word go. But My approach is always the same - if the ball is there to be hit, I hit it," he told TOI.

At 19, Saurabh is not only leading his state side but also became their batting mainstay. When asked about captaincy at such an early age, Saurabh said, "I am enjoying captaincy. So far, things are going well for me. We won the East Zone Twenty20 competition for the first time. I don't feel any pressure while batting. It would have been nice to have qualified for the knock-outs but we will surely bounce back next year."

Saurabh, who plays for Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League, credits his Mumbai Indians captain, Sachin Tendulkar, for his inputs that have seen him scoring runs by tons.

"He suggested some changes in my stance and now I'm feeling quite comfortable. It's working well for me," Saurabh said. "Sachin is not just a great batsman but he is also a great human being. He is a bundle of knowledge. These two years in IPL have been great for me. I have learned a lot from him. I have learned a lot about the mental aspect," he added.
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU