Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

18.7.11

CAP day 8 ends: 3,000 admissions confirmed

Day eight of counselling session for the bifocal course went off smoothly with the confirmed admissions tally crossing the 3,000 mark. Just for Sunday, the process was held at Shivaji Science College. It will resume at its original office, Dhanwate National College, from Monday.

According to Centralised Admission Committee (CAC) officials, more students are now choosing electronics or computer science while the scooter maintenance course continues to be without takers. A CAC employee told TOI that perhaps the students were not opting for the course as it is in Urdu medium.

Some students said that they were lucky enough to gain admission to their preferred college. Aarzoo Baghel said, "Only one seat was left at Hislop College and I got admission. I am really happy. It's my luck that I got admission to the college of my choice. I am also preparing for competitive examination for which I need more time for coaching classes," she added.

With admissions being confirmed and seats filing up fast in most colleges, students said their focus is mainly on competitive exams and those colleges that they opted for made minimal difference.

Pooja Bhoyar said, "I will be going for counselling on Monday and hoping for a seat in Prerna Junior College. It is near my house and I also need more time for coaching of competitive exams. So, my focus is on IIT. I want admission to a college where I could get adequate time to channelise my strengths in preparing for competitive exams." Another student, Pooja Wandhare said, "I have filled the form for general science because I wanted to study biology."




Day Eight of CAP


Total seats available- 3,895

Total admissions completed- 3,059

Computer Science

Total seats available- 1,441

Seats allotted- 1,032

Fisheries

Total seats available- 337

Seats allotted- 233

Electronics

Total seats available- 1,980

Seats allotted-1,702

Electrical maintenance

Total seats available- 85

Seats allotted-59

Mechanical maintenance

Total seats available- 40

Seats allotted- 33

Scooter maintenance

Total seats available- 12

Seats allotted - 0
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU