Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

24.3.11

NGO bats for Monica

"How can you people become so insensitive? Even as I was stabbed 11 times in front of all of you, you remained mute spectator? If I was your sister, daughter or mother, would you have shown the same insensitivity," Monica Kirnapure, asks in a letter.

Even as city cops have miserably failed to crack the sensational murder case of Monica, who was stabbed brutally in front of hundreds of visitors on the road in broad daylight, a city city-based NGO has come up with a novel idea. CAC-Allrounder, well-known for its adventure activities, has drafted a letter in Monica's name appealing to citizens from Shree Nagar, where she was lynched, to come forward and give testimony that would help in nabbing the culprits.

"We thought that when nothing is materializing, an emotional appeal would awaken the sensitivity of the citizens of the area. We drafted a letter in Monica's name mentioning her journey on March 11, the fateful day March 11 when she was killed," director of CAC-Allrounder Amol Khante told TOI.

He added that the letter was printed on a postage paid inland card with Monica's name and address along with the phone number of her father. "Anybody wishing to share the information but don't want to come forward fearing retaliation, can directly post the letter with clues that led to the killing. In this way, their names could be kept secret while hopefully the teenager's killers would be nabbed," he added.

The letter starts with Monica describing her fateful day starting at 10.30am. "I got out from the hostel in a happy mood as I got to talk to my parents after many days. My parents were on phone and even they were happy. Suddenly, god knows what happened. A sharp weapon pierced my neck and I fell down in an unbearable pain. Even as I started shouting vociferously, I received 11 more stabs on abdomen, chest and face from my perpetrators. Quite shockingly, even as I was lying in a pool of blood, no one came to my rescue. None of you gave me the water even as I was crying for it during my last moments," the letter says.

The teenager, whose killing has become a national issue with serious questions being raised on the safety and security of women in the country, further apologizes to her father as she could not fulfil his dreams of her becoming an engineer. "All our dreams came crashing down even as someone was putting me in an auto where I lived my last moments. Even as I tried to talk, blood was gushing from my mouth and complete darkness prevailed after some time. Now, I am in another world. At the tender age of 21 years my executors have sent me in the different world for their ulterior motives," Monica adds sharing her grief.

She then asked the onlookers who witnessed the ghastly crime to become sensitive. "Even as I was receiving one stab after another, you people stand like a statue. What sins I have committed that I deserve this punishment? Now I am no more, but aren't you people listening to the groans of my mother and sister? It is most unfortunate that I had to beg before you for revealing names or giving clues about those who lynched me. Even as my parents are coming to your homes, you are not uttering a single word which shows your insensitivity. I request you to please inform about the perpetrators to my parents help them to nab them. Only then my soul will rest in peace," she concludes.
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU