Unique Place For Students and Teachers

logo

Time Table Summer 2021 || Results winter 2020 || Get details in Mail || Join Whatsapp Group

30.10.09

Lee: We are not finished

Australian speedster Brett Lee is confident that his team will bounce back from the comprehensive defeat against India in the second One-day International at Nagpur on Wednesday.
Talking to the newsmen on the sidelines of a promotional event on Thursday, Lee said it would not be wise to undermine the Australians as five matches were still to be played in the series.
“Agreed that we were outclassed at Nagpur but we have the potential to turnaround. I am eager to return to the team, (James) Hopes is also very keen, (Moises) Henriques has already joined and other boys are also waiting in the wings. We were outclassed but we are not finished,” said Lee.
The Aussie bowler, however, wasn’t sure about his own return to the team for the Kotla match on Saturday. “I will be able to confirm it only after the training session tomorrow (Friday),” he said.
“I hope I will be there. I have not had much rest for the last six months. Such niggles are part of the game and bound to happen,” admitted Lee.
The fast bowler was happy that his team could get rid of Sachin Tendulkar early in the innings in both the matches but wasn’t convinced the ploy would work in the rest of the series also.
“He (Tendulkar) is a class act. So far we were lucky to pick him up cheaply but it will be unfair to write him off. So far it is going well. The Kotla pitch is low and slow and we have our plans in place for the match on Saturday,” Lee commented.
The Aussie star refused to be dragged into any controversy when he was asked to comment on the small face off between Mitchell Johnson and Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the Nagpur match. “I don’t think anything went wrong there. Both the teams love to play hard,” he quipped.
Lee said he would continue to play in all formats of the game though Test cricket has always remained his priority.
“Unfortunately, I got injured in the first one-dayer here. If you bowl constantly at 150 kilometre per hour it will obviously result in injuries. But at the moment I am feeling fresh. My injury had nothing to do with the Champions League.
“Any opportunity to play for your country is something special and as a bowler I am certainly not complaining. I love to play all formats of the game. I love Twenty20, it is exciting but I am hungry as ever to get back in the Test team. For me, Australia always comes first,” he added.
Share:

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Copyright © Nagpur University | Powered by RTMNU